Academic Institution Funding Request Policy
|The IALD Education Trust Academic Institution Funding Request Policy ensures that requests for funding submitted to the IALD Education Trust Board of Directors are evaluated on the basis of a process that is fair, equitable, transparent, timely and free of bias.
If you have questions about the IALD Education Trust Academic Institution Funding Request Policy, please contact IALD Education Trust Coordinator Jill Mulholland, PhD, Educator IALD, at email@example.com or call +1 979 204 3868.
ON THIS PAGE:
|STUDENTS SUPPORTED BY PROJECT CANDLE TO ATTEND IALD ENLIGHTEN AMERICAS 2012 AND THE LIGHTPLAY STUDENT WORKSHOP
IALD EDUCATION TRUST VISION STATEMENT
"To create a better world through leadership and excellence in lighting design; to cultivate the universal acknowledgement and appreciation of the Power of Light in human life."
CRITERIA + CONSIDERATIONS
Funding provided by the IALD Education Trust is intended to promote lighting education within academic institutions by fostering new programs or enhancing and expanding existing programs. The intent of funding is to support lighting design in undergraduate and graduate programs worldwide. In order to qualify for funding from the IALD Education Trust, the academic institution must offer a 4-6 year degree-granting program in architecture, engineering, lighting design, interior design, lighting for the stage, television or film, or a related field. Proposed programs must offer a minimum of one class solely dedicated to instruction in lighting. The instructor of the lighting class must show evidence that they are knowledgeable and active in lighting.
Please note that funding from the IALD Education Trust is not intended to support practicing lighting professionals who are not affiliated with a degree-granting program, continuing education instruction, travel to conferences and lectures, or Light Labs involving construction or products (research tools are exempt). Indirect overhead costs must not exceed 20%.
STUDENTS SUPPORTED BY PROJECT CANDLE TO ATTEND IALD ENLIGHTEN AMERICAS 2012
Go to top
INFORMATION ON FUNDING
Information about requests for funding will exist in the public domain to ensure equal access to all academic institutions. Requests for funding must be submitted no later than 1 July each year
. Requests for funding received after the 1 July deadline may be resubmitted the following year for further consideration. Funding allocation is at the discretion of the IALD Education Trust Board of Directors.
Go to top
The initial review of requests for funding will be conducted by a committee established by the IALD Education Trust Board in order to evaluate the compliance of documentation.
Members of the committee who participate in the review process must sign the IALD Conflict of Interest document and declare possible conflicts of interest with any request for funding.
As a guideline, requests for funding will be evaluated on a 1-9 scale, based on the following criteria: significance to the lighting profession, alignment with the goals of the IALD Education Trust, approach and innovation.
SCORED REVIEW CRITERIA
: Does the request for funding, as outlined, have the potential to reach a broad audience or impact a topic that, without the program, will be under-served?
: Does the request for funding support architectural lighting design education and the development of future lighting design professionals?
: Does the request for funding outline a strong overall strategy with known leadership and education practices?
: Does the request for funding seek to shift current lighting education practices with regard to content or delivery?
All decisions are final. All evaluation processes and discussion will remain confidential.
Go to top
The application should include the following materials:
- All materials must be compiled and submitted in one document, and saved as a Microsoft Word or PDF file.
- The file must not exceed 25 pages, including all supporting materials.
- The file must not exceed 5MB in size; if the file size exceeds 5MB, then web links should be provided to required and/or essential information.
- Materials must be typed in 12pt font and have 1 inch margins.
- Photos may only be submitted in JPEG format.
- All materials must be submitted in English.
- The request for funding must be submitted electronically.
Go to top
- Title page, which must include the following:
- Title of request for funding;
- Name, title, position and responsibilities for management of funds for all persons submitting the request for funding;
- Mailing address, telephone number and email address;
- Name of academic institution and department or division;
- Name of program to which the funding would be applied; and
- Number of years the program has existed or indication that the program is new.
- Table of contents page.
- A one-paragraph abstract describing the request for funding.
- Relevant background information.
- Detailed description of the request for funding.
- Budget, including fund allocation and additional funding sources.
- Schedule for implementation, including dates to accomplish specific benchmarks; this must include an annual report. Failure to meet benchmarks will result in delayed disbursement of additional funding.
- Two letters of support from the directors of academic department/division.
- Resumes for those administering the grant.
- One letter of written endorsement by an IALD member (Professional or Fellow) or LIRC member.
DISBURSEMENT OF FUNDS
Funds will be paid through a disbursement plan negotiated by contract between the IALD Education Trust and the academic institution in the following year.
Go to top
DOWNLOAD THE ACADEMIC INSTITUTION FUNDING REQUEST POLICY
To download the IALD Education Trust Academic Institution Funding Request Policy in its entirety, please CLICK HERE
Go to top
If you have questions about the IALD Education Trust Academic Institution Funding Request Policy, please contact IALD Education Trust Coordinator Jill Mulholland, PhD, Educator IALD, at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +1 979 204 3868.
The IALD Education Trust reserves the right to alter or amend this policy at any time.