Open Call For Interest For The IALD Education Trust Board Of Directors
L-R: IALD Education Trust Secretary/Treasurer Andrea Hartranft, IALD; Bill O'Connell; Scott Yu
The IALD Education Trust is now accepting names of individuals who wish to be considered for service on the IALD Education Trust Board of Directors. If you have any questions about the nominations and elections process, please send an email to IALD Education Trust Coordinator Jill Mulholland, PhD, at firstname.lastname@example.org
ON THIS PAGE
There are currently no open positions available on the IALD Education Trust Board of Directors.
BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES + GUIDELINES
The primary role of the IALD Education Trust Board of Directors is governance. The Board of Directors is the ultimate legal authority of the IALD Education Trust. It is the primary responsibility of the Board to:
- Determine and promote the IALD Education Trust's mission and purpose.
- Ensure effective organizational (strategic) planning.
- Establish policies necessary to carry out the IALD Education Trust's mission, goals and objectives.
- Determine, monitor and strengthen IALD Education Trust's programs and services.
- Allocate adequate resources for programs and services.
- Participate in fundraising activities.
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity, and maintain accountability.
- To fulfill its governance role, the IALD Education Trust meets at least once a year for face-to-face meetings as well as a minimum of three additional times via conference call or webconference. Board members are expected to come to all Board meetings prepared, having reviewed all materials distributed prior to the meeting, and to be ready to discuss and act on scheduled agenda items.
Board members work closely with staff to implement Board policy and programs. It is the role of the Executive Vice President and staff to maintain day-to-day financial and programmatic responsibility for the organization, and in this role report to the Board of Directors.
CALL FOR INTEREST PROCESS
TO EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST
TO NOMINATE SOMEONE FOR CONSIDERATION
Nominations for open positions must be submitted by the individual nominator in writing (email and fax are acceptable). Please use the IALD Education Trust Board of Directors Call for Interest Form
to submit the required information.
Your completed IALD Education Trust Board of Directors Call for Interest Form can be sent by email to email@example.com
, fax at +1 312 527 3680, or mail at ATTN: Nominations & Elections Committee, IALD Education Trust, 440 N. Wells Street Suite 210, Chicago IL 60654 USA.
The IALD Education Trust Call for Interest will open during the first half of 2015.